All About HEALTH > MAGNETOTHERAPY : the safe power of magnets

What is MAGNETOTHERAPY ?

(1/1)

PiJo:
Author's page : http://www.platiumed.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61:magnetoterapia&catid=31:generale&Itemid=41&lang=en
What is MAGNETOTHERAPY ?

(Images for illustration purpose only)

The “magnetotherapy” (or "Electromagnetic therapy") word means the application of a mainly magnetic field , originated from low and high frequencies, for therapeutic purposes.

The magnetotherapy regenerates the injured cells by improving the enzyme kinetics and repolarizes the cellular membranes; furthermore, it produces an anti-stress action and promotes an acceleration of all reparative phenomenons, with bioregenerating, anti-inflammatory and analgesic action, without side effects.

The magnetotherapy is a physiotherapy form, that uses electromagnetic energy and it is an effective, safe and not invasive cure. The magnetic fields interact with cells,  favoring the recovery of the physiological conditions of equilibrium. It is indicated in cases where it is necessary to stimulate tissue regeneration after damaging events of various kinds.

The generated electromagnetic fields promote safe results without the use of drugs  and  without side effects.

The magnetotherapy’s benefits :

Relieve the pain: it acts as a potent analgesic
    It accelerates the healing processes
    It stimulates the cellular exchange
    It improves the nutrition and the oxygenation of tissues
    It reduces the inflammations
    It stimulates the resorption of edema
    It improves the capillary flow
    It regenerates the cells without energy
    It slows down the process of bone density decrease

The magnetotherapy’s advantages :

It helps to relieve pain and inflammations without the use of drug
    It 's a safe and not-invasive therapy
    It does not cause pain
    It has an analgesic action
    It reduces the time for the healing of a fracture
    It can be applied with no contraindications for most diseases

The magnetotherapy acts on :

bone system
    muscular system
    joint system
    nervous system
    circulatory system

The effects of the magnetotherapy can be classified as follows :

anti-inflammatory action
    stimulating action of the endocrine system
    anti- oedematous action
    analgesic action
    tissue repair
    anti-stress action

The magnetotherapy can produce :

an healing effect
    an analgesic effect
    an aesthetic effect

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's page : http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/22/the-healing-power-of-magnets.aspx

The power of a Neodymium magnet

The Healing Power of Magnets

Note from NEEEEEXT : use NEODYMIUM magnets for better efficiency. Actually you can find N42 Neodymium magnets on the market. The higher is the number, the stronger is the magnet. Be careful to don't stack 2 big neodymium magnets together, you can crush your fingers !! I did it once and I am not willing to do it again !!

Magnets have been used for their healing properties since ancient times, and now a new study has found that they can reduce swelling when applied immediately after an inflammatory injury.

In their initial study, researchers from the University of Virginia set out to investigate the effect of magnetic therapy on microcirculation, which is blood flow through tiny blood vessels.

They placed magnets of 70 milliTesla (mT) field strength, which is about 10 times the strength of the common refrigerator magnet, near rats’ blood vessels and found that they dilated constricted blood vessels, and constricted vessels that were dilated. The results suggested that the magnetic filed could relax blood vessels and increase blood flow.

In the more recent study, the researchers used magnets on rats’ paws that had been treated with inflammatory agents to simulate tissue injury. The magnets significantly reduced swelling in the rats’ paws by up to 50 percent when applied immediately after the injury.

Dilation of blood vessels is a major cause of swelling, and it’s thought that the magnets worked by limiting blood flow.

Muscle bruising and joint sprains are the most common injuries worldwide, and since injuries that don’t swell heal faster, the magnet therapy could have widespread applications.

The researchers envisioned using magnets in place of ice packs and compression to treat injuries in high school, college, and professional sports teams, as well as among retirement communities.

Dr. Mercola's Comments :

Magnetic therapy is a $5-billion market worldwide, and it is no surprise that in the United States the U.S. Food and Drug Administration makes it illegal to market magnets to treat significant conditions like HIV, asthma, or arthritis.

Do be aware, however, that it requires certain strengths of magnets to promote healing in the different areas of your body.

So if you’re looking to try this out yourself, it will take some work for you to do the research and find the correct strength and type of magnet for the specific condition you’re looking to heal.

I have actually been intrigued with magnet therapy for some time, as it seems promising and generally has very few side effects. And while magnets do not treat the underlying cause of any problem, they are far less dangerous than using drugs or surgery.

In addition to reducing swelling, magnets have been found to help with :

Depression
    Age-related mental decline
    Alzheimer’s disease
    Schizophrenia

There are countless products available, from magnetic bracelets and ankle straps to shoe insoles and mattresses, and it is really a buyer beware environment to make sure you are getting a quality product. Many commercial products do NOT have the proper field strength to be very effective.

Since I do not sell magnets, however, it is perfectly legal for me to explain to you how this process works.

Magnet therapy uses “static” magnets, which are called static because the resulting magnetic field is unchanging. (Please do not confuse these with electromagnets, which produce magnetic fields when an electric current is applied and really shouldn’t be used on your own.)

To use static magnets for pain relief, you must find a magnet of sufficient strength to provide a benefit. You can test this out yourself by placing the magnet next to a piece of clothing or sock, then placing a paper clip on the other side. If the magnet is not strong enough to hold the paper clip through your sock, then it will not penetrate your body either.

Alternatively, you should check out the strength of the magnet before you buy it. They are typically measured in units called gauss (G). Simple refrigerator magnets range from 35 to 200 G, but the magnets that may treat your pain range from 300 to 5,000 G. Some practitioners start with a lower gauss and gradually move up to a more intense level as necessary.

Magnet polarity is also important, as each magnet has two sides, negative and positive.
The negative end, or north pole, generally has a cooling, sedating effect that is useful for relieving pain and inflammation.
The positive end, or the south pole, has the opposite effect and is stimulating, even to bacteria and viruses. So the positive end of the magnet needs to be used cautiously as it could actually promote disease and increase pain if it is used incorrectly. Because of this, the positive end of a magnet is typically used VERY carefully for conditions such as numbness, weak muscles, paralysis and scarring.

Most therapeutic magnets have their polarity marked, but to be sure you can check it using a magnetometer or a compass (the North side of the needle will point to the North side of the magnet).

Once you have gauged the magnet’s polarity, you can place the proper side directly onto your skin and secure it in place with an elastic bandage. You will need to experiment with how long it should be kept on. Some conditions respond relatively quickly, while others can take much longer.

While on the topic of magnetic therapy, I can state that for the last six months I have been sleeping on a magnetic bed, which seems to have helped certain health challenges I was having.

I will review this more in future issues but let me make it very clear that this is NOT a bipolar magnetic bed that I was using. Bipolar magnets are thought to direct the potentially dangerous positive magnetic energy into your body, and I would caution all to avoid bipolar beds as I am convinced that they will actually increase your risk of cancer. This has been reported by a number of highly respectable clinicians in this field.

I was sleeping on a unipolar magnetic mattress pad, which more closely approximate the earth’s magnetic field and I believe is the far wiser choice.

Energy treatments like magnetic therapy are likely to gain even more steam in coming years, but remember that even a safe, alternative treatment like this will not remove the root cause of your pain or disease.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with NEEEEEXT. To register, please click here...
Go to full version