All About HEALTH > MICROWAVE OVEN : Cooking or Reheating - the Side-Effects
Microwave Ovens : are they safe ?
Author's page : https://humannhealth.com/side-effects-of-microwave-oven/1127/
Side Effects Of Microwave Oven
A microwave oven usually called as a microwave, is an electrical appliance to heat the cold food items through dielectric heating that is caused by electromagnetic waves produced by microwave. It is used commonly to reheat the previously cooked foods and also used to cook vegetables that are cooked fast and easy. It uses less energy than a stove to reheat the food. Microwaves are used in almost every home these days and there is a need to take some necessary precautionary steps to avoid any mishap occurring due to the use of microwaves. These precautions are to be taken related to the potential exposure to microwaves, food handling and thermal burns.
There are certain dangers associated to the usage of microwaved food. The reheated food from microwave can be a cause of very dangerous health hazards like hormonal disruption, brain damage, malnutrition, increased body fat and weakened immune system. Some of the very dangerous side effects associated to the use of microwaved food are as under:
- There are by-products produced in the microwaved food that cannot be broken down that is metabolized in the human body.
- A continuous use of microwaved food can be a cause of brain damage because it shortens the electrical impulse produced from the brain.
- The hormonal production in both males and females is altered or stopped because of the usage of microwaved food.
- The by-products of microwaved food have their long term permanent effects on the human body that weakens it slowly but continuously.
- The minerals present in the vegetables are changed into cancerous radicals when they are cooked in the microwave oven.
- The microwaved food causes the production of cancerous tumors in the human stomach and intestines.
- The rapid increase of colon cancer in people of developed countries in the present era is due to the use of microwaved food which affects the human intestines dangerously enough to cause cancer.
- The nutrients, minerals and vitamins present in the food are altered into harmful substances that cannot be broken down nor absorbed in the human body due to the use of microwave to cook or reheat it.
- The human blood develops the cancer causing cells in it if the microwaved food is eaten for a considerable longer period of time.
- The lack of concentration, decrease in intelligence, emotional instability and loss of memory are caused by eating microwaved food.
- The food gets tasteless and it loses its nutritious vitality when reheated in the microwave oven.
- The microwaved cereal and milk converts amino acid into carcinogens.
- The meat when heated in a microwave loses its nucleo-proteins.
- The body resistance against the viral and bacterial infections gets lowered because of microwaved food.
- The excessive use of microwaved food can cause serious birth defects in both males and females.
- Microwaves if leaked from the microwave oven can cause serious health issues especially those linked to the eyes because they are the most sensitive of the visible body organs.
- The cholesterol level in the human body is increased due to the intake of microwaved food.
- The white blood cells in the blood are decreased slowly due to the use of reheated food.
- Anemic tendencies are increased in the human body due to the gradual decrease of hemoglobin in the blood that is mainly caused due to the excessive intake of microwaved food.
- The food which is microwaved in the oven faces its structural disintegration which is accelerated mainly due to microwaves.
These are some very dangerous and unhealthy side effects of the use of microwave oven for reheating and cooking the food. The most dangerous of these side effects is the cause of cancer, brain damage and nutritious destructiveness because of microwave oven. Due to the heating of food in the oven caused by the aid of microwaves, the water present in the food vibrates and heats up. By this process, the water molecules get tear apart, impaired and deformed. The microwaves if they are old have the tendency to leak the dangerous microwaves out and that may get up to the head level of the human body. The frequency of the microwaves is very much and it should be avoided to stand closer to the microwave to make the body safe from the microwaves contact and eventually its hazardous side effects.
Microwaving of the food reduces its nutritional benefits in addition to the reduction of key antibodies present in it. Moreover, it produces harmful bacteria which can cause dangerous health issues by going into the human body along with the food. It can be concluded that the food should be eaten fresh and it is very unhealthy in all the ways to reheat and reuse the already cooked food. The microwaves are dangerous to have their contact with the human body and the food, so they should be avoided in every possible way.
Author's page : https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/why-you-should-never-microwave-your-food/
Why You Should Never Microwave Your Food
by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
March 2, 2015
Microwaving is a simple, convenient cooking option for people on the go. The microwave oven has been a mainstay in the US for 30+ years, virtually transforming society and how we view food. But despite its wonders, the question that’s been avoided remains: are microwaves the healthiest cooking option? The answer is, of course, no, as there are much better options available that will ensure nutrients will remain in your food.
Microwaves affect proteins, antioxidants, and the overall nutrient content of food.
How Does Microwaving Work?
Before we dive into the research on the possible effects and safety of microwave ovens, let’s clarify what a microwave is. A microwave is a form of non-ionizing radiation. As a matter of contrast, ionizing radiation changes the electromagnetic nature of atoms, or ionizes them. This alters the way they interact with other atoms and molecules around them. X-rays, gamma radiation, and nuclear medicine (CT scans, barium swallows, and mammograms) are types of ionizing radiation. Your food is being zapped by high-frequency waves of heat, and some people argue that this radiation can be harmful to your health.
One study by Dr. Hans Hertel explored how microwaves change the molecular structure of food and the effects of that food on the human body. In his study, he found that individuals who consumed the microwaved foods experienced a decrease in HDL cholesterol, a reduced red blood cell count, and fewer white blood cells. Unfortunately, no studies have been conducted since to replicate Dr. Hertel’s findings, so it would be reaching to conclude that microwaving does indeed deteriorate health. Still, there are other cooking options that may be far better at retaining the nutritive quality of food.
The Best Cooking Options for Maintaining Nutrition
Microwaving cooks the food at very high temperatures in a very short amount of time. This results in a great deal of nutrient loss for most foods, especially vegetables. Our foods are also subjected to nutrient loss when we boil, fry, or roast our food. Boiling vegetables, for example, leeches most of the nutrients (including antioxidants) into the water. The best option for cooking vegetables that will result in only a minor loss of nutrients is steaming. Sautéing and baking at low temperatures is also a viable option that will retain more nutrients than microwaving, boiling, or frying. Of course, by making the majority of your diet raw, with some added dietary fat to help absorb the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K), you’ll ensure a high level of nutrient intake.
Adding To the Toxic Load
When it comes specifically to microwaves, damage to the food itself isn’t the only concern. Many microwavable foods are processed and in packaging that contains an assortment of chemicals. Chemicals found in many of these containers include benzene, toluene, polyethylene terpthalate (PET), xylene, and dioxins (known carcinogens). At high temperatures, it is likely that chemicals can absorb into the food, and intake of these chemicals presents a high health risk. What’s more, the chemicals in the food themselves are also a cause for concern. Perhaps one of the most dangerous contaminants in microwavable food is BPA. A watchdog report from the Milwaukee-Journal Sentinel found this estrogen-like plastic leaked from all packaging into the food tested. BPA disrupts normal hormone activity. Infertility, low-libido, cardiac disease, mental disorders, allergies, high blood pressure, and weight gain have all been linked to BPA exposure. The simple fact is, when you use a microwave, you’re getting a lot more than the food you eat.
One Final Thought
Over the last 30 years, the science and research has come a long way to understand how microwaves affect proteins, antioxidants, and overall nutrient content of food. We’ve also learned how many toxins flood our food when zapped in the packaging. Today we shouldn’t be surprised by these dangers. Instead of microwaving, stick to raw foods as the primary aspect of your diet. When you do cook, try steaming and baking as your main cooking methods.
 Message Index