SOCIETY - How to improve it for the good of everyone > EDUCATION of Our Kids (at home, at school, outdoor, ...) IS THE KEY

PEDAGOGY : the (lost) ART of TEACHING

(1/1)

PiJo:
                           Definition of Pedagogy :

Pedagogy is the discipline that deals with the theory and practice of education; it thus concerns the study of how best to teach. Spanning a broad range of practice, its aims range from furthering liberal education (the general development of human potential) to the narrower specifics of vocational education (the imparting and acquisition of specific skills).

Instructive strategies are governed by the pupil's background knowledge and experience, situation, and environment, as well as learning goals set by the student and teacher.

Today, most of the teachers worldwide lack of pedagogy to teach our kids individualy, considering them as a group, not as individuals with different backgrounds, thus resulting in catastrophic results as we can see.

An effective teacher studies the science of pedagogy and the practice of instructional design.

Key Points
        Pedagogy is defined as many different types and variations of teaching.
        There are many instructional design models but many are based on the ADDIE model with the five phases: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
        Gagné developed some of the earliest instructional design models and ideas and continues to influence pedagogy and instructional design today.
        Universal design for learning (UDL) ensures that learners with different learning styles can be taught and can learn similarly within the same lesson or activity.

Terms

Pedagogy :
    the science and art of education, specifically instructional theory.

Instructional Design :
    the practice of creating instructional experiences which make the acquisition of knowledge and skill more efficient, effective, and appealing.

Universal design for learning :
    A method of designing lessons which takes into account and utilizes the different learning styles of learners.

---------------------------------------------

Sources :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedagogy

https://www.boundless.com/education/textbooks/boundless-education-textbook/curriculum-and-instructional-design-3/instructional-design-14/what-is-pedagogy-48-12978/

Note from NEEEEEXT : I am myself a diving instructor, videographer and photographer and my goal is to get the best results from my students. Over the years my success rate is 100% because I "prepare my job" by creating a file about each of my students (background, family, scholar level, main interests, skills, ...) and I adapt my teaching differently for each of them.
My main goal is to finish each session with 100% of understanding for each student who is free to ask any question about the current topic and I always finish all my courses with a recapitulation of the current topic.
For each new session, I control their knowledge from the last one before continuing to the next step.
Also, by knowing their background, I focus on those students who have difficulties to understand some concepts that they must understand before the next step.
As an example, I never wasted time to teach about "pressure" to a plumber or an apneist but I take my time to explain it to someone who has no clue about it, thus managing the time for better understanding of all the students in general. THIS is PEDAGOGY !!
Of course it takes a lot of energy for a teacher to do this way but it is so rewarding to see many happy faces in front of you !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with NEEEEEXT. To register, please click here...
Go to full version