All About HEALTH > TAPPING : ancient Chinese acupressure to help people overcome many issues by themselves

TAPPING (EFT) : how to do ?

(1/1)

PiJo:
WHAT IS TAPPING (Emotional Freedom Technique or EFT) ?

Video not working ? Watch it   >> HERE << 

Tapping points by order from 1 to 9, starting by the "karate chop" point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's page : http://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Emotional-Freedom-Technique-(EFT)
How to Use the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)

EFT is a powerful, drug-free, easy-to-learn and easy-to-use technique that can reduce stress or painful emotions associated with thoughts, past experiences, etc.

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, there are several points on your body that are tapped gently with the tips of the fingers on one hand, whilst repeating certain relevant phrases at the same time.

The theory behind this technique involves the body's energy field, or "meridians", so named by the ancient Chinese.
Whether you believe in energy fields or not, you might be curious enough to try this the next time you feel negative emotions - and you'll be surprised by the results.

Steps

Define the negative emotions (or issues) that are causing you problems, then identify its intensity by assigning a level from 0 to 10. 0 would be "non-existent" and 10 would be the most severe.

Clarify your setup phrase, which must be specific. For example, "Even though I feel tense and angry when strangers look at me, I totally and completely love, forgive and accept myself anyway". Or, "Even though I fly into a rage when someone makes fun of my green hair and three heads, I totally and completely love, forgive and accept myself anyway". Or, "Even though I feel hurt, sad and devastated that (name of person) has dumped me, I totally and completely love, forgive and accept myself anyway". Get the idea?

Repeat your setup phrase while tapping the 'karate chop point' - the soft spot on the side of either hand - just below your little finger. Tap the point around 7 times (although there's really no need to count).

Come up with a reminder phrase. This will be spoken aloud while tapping the other meridian points (refer to video below). Reminder phrases will be a brief reminder of the setup phrase, for example "strangers looking at me", "hate being looked at". Or, "(name of person) dumped me", "dumped me!", "feel gutted", etc.

Tap through all of the following points, repeating your reminder phrase :
      -  Inner eyebrow, just above the inner "corner" of the eye, on the bone.
      -  Outer eye: outside edge of the eye, on the bone.
      -  Under the eye: below the center of the eye, again, on the bone.
      -  Under the nose, between the nose and the lip.
      -  On the chin, right in the middle where the crease is
      -  On your chest. Find the "U" shaped bone below your throat, go down 2 inches (5.1 cm) and then 2 inches (5.1 cm) either to the right or left.
      -  Under your arm: where your bra strap is or three inches under the crease of your arm. Guys, make a good guess.
      -  Some people also like to tap their wrist points at this stage: Insides of wrists facing each other, tap them lightly together.
      -  Top of head: In the middle.

Now that you've completed your first round of tapping, ask yourself what level the emotion/feeling/discomfort is at, on a 1 to 10 scale again.

Repeat the process until, at the end of the final round, when you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, it's 2 or less. In that instance, your final setup phrase could be, "Even though I still feel a little bit of anger/sadness/depression about (name of situation), I choose to let it go now as this feeling/emotion no longer serves me."

Your reminder phrases can then be "I'm free of this now", "don't need it anymore", "I'm strong and confident", etc.

Community Q&A

Can EFT help me to overcome a lifetime of depression accompanied by back and neck pain?

It could. However, the basic method described here is not enough. You'd have to use an advanced approach: see the materials posted on the EFT founder site emofree.com.

Can I use EFT technique to cure my liver infection (hepatitis B)?

No. Consult with your doctor and take any medication or treatment recommended by the doctor.

Tips

Drink a lot of water before, during, and after tapping, as the emotional and energetic clearing can be dehydrating. Also, drinking water will help your energy flow, thereby increasing the effectiveness of EFT.
    Be as specific as you can about the issue. For example, don't just say just "I'm depressed." A more specific phrase would be "I feel depressed about my job"/love life/finances, etc.
    Be persistent ! If the issue doesn't clear, continue tapping until it does. If it still won't budge, make an appointment to see an EFT practitioner (a Google search will show you practitioners in your area), as you may have some limiting beliefs that you're not aware of that are preventing you from healing. A practitioner will help you uncover it and tap it away, usually within a single session.
    EFT is a fairly forgiving technique and you may notice that some online videos/articles on the subject, may use different sequences; this does not negate the effectiveness of EFT, so try not to feel confused. Stick with what feels right for you.

Warnings

- EFT is not intended as a replacement to medical experts.
    - You cannot hurt yourself using EFT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brad YATES videos ("TAP WITH BRAD") : https://www.youtube.com/user/eftwizard/videos

Video : Allowing Money (and other good stuff) by Brad Yates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's page : http://www.thetappingsolution.com/what-is-eft-tapping/
So How Does It All Work?

All negative emotions are felt through a disruption of the body’s energy. And physical pain and disease are intricately connected to negative emotions. Health problems create feedback – physical symptoms cause emotional distress, and unresolved emotional problems manifest themselves through physical symptoms. So, the body’s health must be approached as a whole. You cannot treat the symptoms without addressing the cause, and vice-versa.

The body, like everything in the universe, is composed of energy. Restore balance to the body’s energy, and you will mend the negative emotions and physical symptoms that stem from the energy disruption. Tapping restores the body’s energy balance, and negative emotions are conquered.

The basic technique requires you to focus on the negative emotion at hand: a fear or anxiety, a bad memory, an unresolved problem, or anything that’s bothering you. While maintaining your mental focus on this issue, use your fingertips to tap 5-7 times each on 12 of the body’s meridian points. Tapping on these meridian points – while concentrating on accepting and resolving the negative emotion – will access your body’s energy, restoring it to a balanced state.

You may be wondering about these meridians. Put simply, energy circulates through your body along a specific network of channels. You can tap into this energy at any point along the system.

This concept comes from the doctrines of traditional Chinese medicine, which referred to the body’s energy as “ch’i.” In ancient times, the Chinese discovered 100 meridian points. They also discovered that by stimulating these meridian points, they could heal. Call it energy, call it the Source, call it life force, call it ch’i… Whatever you want to call it, it works.

In some ways, Tapping is similar to acupuncture. Like Tapping, acupuncture achieves healing through stimulating the body’s meridians and energy flow. However, unlike Tapping, acupuncture involves needles! “No needles” is definitely one of the advantages of Tapping.

Tapping is simple and painless. It can be learned by anyone. And you can apply it to yourself, whenever you want, wherever you are. It’s less expensive and less time consuming. It can be used with specific emotional intent towards your own unique life challenges and experiences. Most importantly, it gives you the power to heal yourself, putting control over your destiny back into your own hands.

Introduction to The Tapping Points

Video : Learn the Tapping Points

Basic Tapping Sequence for Anxiety

As discussed, Tapping can be used for everything – try it on everything! In this example, we’ll focus on general anxiety.

Try it now with this initial sequence. Here’s how a basic Tapping sequence works:

-  Identify the problem you want to focus on. It can be general anxiety, or it can be a specific situation or issue which causes you to feel anxious.
  -  Consider the problem or situation. How do you feel about it right now? Rate the intensity level of your anxiety, with zero being the lowest level of anxiety and ten being the highest.
  -  Compose your set up statement. Your set up statement should acknowledge the problem you want to deal with, then follow it with an unconditional affirmation of yourself as a person.

“Even though I feel this anxiety, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
“Even though I’m anxious about my interview, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
“Even though I’m feeling this anxiety about my financial situation, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
“Even though I panic when I think about ______, I deeply and completely accept myself. ”
“Even though I’m worried about how to approach my boss, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
“Even though I’m having trouble breathing, I deeply and completely accept myself.”

-  Perform the set up.

With four fingers on one hand, tap the Karate Chop point on your other hand. The Karate Chop point is on the outer edge of the hand, on the opposite side from the thumb.

Repeat the set up statement three times aloud, while simultaneously tapping the Karate Chop point. Now take a deep breath!

Get ready to begin tapping! Here are some tips to help you achieve the right technique.

-  You should use a firm but gentle pressure, as if you were drumming on the side of your desk or testing a melon for ripeness.
  -  You can use all four fingers, or just the first two (the index and middle fingers). Four fingers are generally used on the top of the head, the collarbone, under the arm… wider areas. On sensitive areas, like around the eyes, you can use just two.
  -  Tap with your fingertips, not your fingernails. The sound will be round and mellow.
  -  The tapping order begins at the top and works down. You can end by returning to the top of the head, to complete the loop.

Now, tap 5-7 times each on the remaining eight points in the following sequence:

Head (TH)

The crown, center and top of the head. Tap with all four fingers on both hands.

Eyebrow (EB)

The inner edges of the eyebrows, closest to the bridge of the nose. Use two fingers.

Side of eye (SE)

The hard area between the eye and the temple. Use two fingers. Feel out this area gently so you don’t poke yourself in the eye!

Under eye (UE)

The hard area under the eye, that merges with the cheekbone. Use two fingers, in line beneath the pupil.

Under nose (UN)

The point centered between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip. Use two fingers.

Chin (CP)

This point is right beneath the previous one, and is centered between the bottom of the lower lip and the chin.

Collarbone (CB)

Tap just below the hard ridge of your collarbone with four fingers.

Underarm (UA)

On your side, about four inches beneath the armpit. Use four fingers.

Head (TH)

And back where you started, to complete the sequence.

As you tap on each point, repeat a simple reminder phrase, such as “my anxiety” or “my interview” or “my financial situation.”

Now take another deep breath!

-  Now that you’ve completed the sequence, focus on your problem again. How intense is the anxiety now, in comparison to a few minutes ago? Give it a rating on the same number scale.
  -  If your anxiety is still higher than “2”, you can do another round of tapping. Keep tapping until the anxiety is gone. You can change your set up statement to take into account your efforts to fix the problem, and your desire for continued progress. “Even though I have some remaining anxiety, I deeply and completely accept myself.” “Even though I’m still a little worried about this interview, I deeply and completely accept myself.” And so on.
  -  Now that you’ve focused on dispelling your immediate anxiety, you can work on installing some positive feelings instead.

Note : This approach is different from traditional “positive thinking.” You’re not being dishonest with yourself. You’re not trying to obscure the stress and anxiety inside yourself with a veneer of insincere affirmations. Rather, you’ve confronted and dealt with the anxiety and negative feelings, offering deep and complete acceptance to both your feelings and your self. Now, you’re turning your thoughts and vibrations to the powerful and positive. That’s what makes Tapping so much more effective than the “positive thinking” techniques that many of you have already tried. It’s not just a mental trick; instead, you’re using these positive phrases and tapping to tune into the very real energy of positivity, affirmation, and joy that is implicit inside you. You’re actually changing your body’s energy into a more positive flow, a more positive vibration.

Here are some example phrases to guide you:

“I have faith in my ability to change.”
“I am joyful about these positive changes.”
“I am accomplishing so much.”
“I enjoy the calm and peace that I have.”
“I love the person that I am.”
“I am becoming a more relaxed and joyful person.”

You can use these positive phrases with the same tapping points and sequences described above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with NEEEEEXT. To register, please click here...
Go to full version