COOKING > HOME-MADE PIZZA recipes
HomeMade Pizza Recipes
Author's page : http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-easy-pizzas
50 Easy Pizzas Recipes
How to make a pizza :
Step 1: Place a pizza stone or an inverted baking sheet on the lowest oven rack and preheat to 500 degrees.
Step 2: Stretch 1 pound dough on a floured pizza peel, large wooden cutting board or parchment paper.
Step 3: Top as desired, then slide the pizza (with the parchment paper, if using) onto the stone or baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
Pizza Dough :
Whisk 3 3/4 cups flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Make a well and add 1 1/3 cups warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 packet yeast. When foamy, mix in 3 tablespoons olive oil; knead until smooth, 5 minutes. Brush with olive oil, cover in a bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Divide into two 1-pound balls. Use 1 pound per recipe unless noted.
Short on time ? Buy dough from a pizzeria !!
#1. Margherita Pizza
1. Margherita Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds. Top each with 1/2 cup crushed San Marzano tomatoes, dried oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil; bake until golden. Sprinkle with1/2 pound diced mozzarella, torn basil and salt. Bake until the cheese melts, then drizzle with olive oil.
2. Tomato Pie Make Margherita Pizzas (No. 1 without mozzarella or basil). Use extra oregano.
#3. Quattro Stagioni Pizza
3. Quattro Stagioni Make Margherita Pizzas (No. 1); before adding cheese, top with olives, artichoke hearts, ham and sauteed mushrooms in 4 sections.
4. Puttanesca Make Margherita Pizzas (No. 1); chop 1 garlic clove, 6 anchovies, 1 tablespoon capers,1/4 cup olives and some parsley and scatter over the tomatoes before baking.
5. Roasted Pepper Make Margherita Pizzas (No. 1); add roasted pepper strips and red pepper flakes with the cheese.
6. New York-Style Press dough into an oiled 15-inch pizza pan. Drizzle with olive oil, then top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 2 cups shredded mozzarella. Bake, then garnish with pecorino, dried oregano and olive oil.
7. Pepperoni-Mushroom Make New York-Style Pizza (No. 6); top with sauteed mushrooms and sliced pepperoni before baking.
8. Sausage-Broccoli Rabe Make New York-Style Pizza (No. 6) with only 1 1/2 cups mozzarella. Add 2 crumbled raw sausages. Bake until just crisp, then top with 4 ounces bocconcini, sauteed broccoli rabe and jarred cherry peppers. Bake until the cheese melts.
9. Stuffed Crust Make New York-Style Pizza (No. 6), but before topping, place 8 string-cheese sticks along the edge and fold the dough over. Brush the stuffed crust with olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
#10. Meatball Pizza
10. Meatball Press dough into an oiled 15-inch pizza pan. Top with olive oil, 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 6 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella. Bake until just crisp, then top with sliced cooked meatballs, pecorino, basil and olive oil and bake until browned.
11. Meat-Olive Make Meatball Pizza (No. 10); add 2 crumbled raw Italian sausages and 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives with the mozzarella.
12. Eggplant Make Meatball Pizza (No. 10); top with breaded and fried eggplant slices and ricotta instead of the meatballs.
13. Sicilian Press dough into an oiled rimmed baking sheet. Cover and set aside until doubled. Top with 3/4 cup tomato sauce and 2 cups shredded mozzarella; drizzle with olive oil and bake.
14. Pepperoni Make Sicilian Pizza (No. 13) with only 1 1/2 cups cheese; bake until just crisp. Top with 6 ounces sliced pepperoni and 4 ounces bocconcini, then bake until bubbly. Garnish with basil and pecorino.
15. Herb Stretch dough into a 15-inch round. Top with olive oil, salt and chopped thyme and oregano. Bake until crisp, then brush with more olive oil.
16. Fennel-Taleggio Make Herb Pizza (No. 15); top with sauteed fennel, 6 ounces sliced taleggio, 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts and grated pecorino before baking.
#17. Baked Ziti Pizza
17. Baked Ziti Make New York-Style Pizza (No. 6); top with leftover ziti and more cheese before baking.
18. Smoked Mozzarella Make Herb Pizza (No. 15); top herbs with 1 minced garlic clove and 6 ounces sliced smoked mozzarella, then bake until crisp. Add 3/4 cup ricotta and grated Parmesan; bake until melted.
19. Squash-Pepper Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Top with paper-thin slices of butternut squash, caramelized onions, olive oil and red pepper flakes. Bake until crisp.
20. Zucchini Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Top with minced garlic, thinly sliced zucchini, olive oil and red pepper flakes. Bake until crisp.
21. Fig Squares Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with cardamom. Cut into small squares; top each with a fig half and a dollop of robiola. Bake, then top with caramelized onions.
22. Cajun Shrimp Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds. Mix 3/4 cup tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning; spread over dough rounds and top with 1 cup shredded manchego. Bake until golden. Saute scallions, green bell pepper, celery and shrimp; season with red pepper flakes. Scatter over pizzas.
23. Clam Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with oregano and 1 cup shredded mozzarella, then bake until crisp. Top with 8 ounces chopped canned clams and 4 ounces sliced mozzarella; bake until melted.
24. Bianco Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds; top with olive oil, salt, thyme, oregano and 1/2 cup robiola. Bake until crisp, then add 4 ounces each ricotta and bocconcini, olive oil and salt; bake until the cheese melts.
25. Tomato Bianco Make Bianco Pizzas (No. 24); add 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes with the bocconcini. Top with basil.
26. Bianco Mortadella Make Bianco Pizzas (No. 24); top with 2 ounces sliced mortadella after baking.
#27. BBQ Chicken Pizza
27. BBQ Chicken Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Top with cooked chicken, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, scallions, pickled jalapeños and 1 cup shredded cheddar. Bake until golden.
28. Verde Stretch dough into a 15-inch round; bake until crisp. Puree 1/4 cup each pistachios, basil, parsley and scallions with 1 cup arugula, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread over crust. Top with Parmesan and more arugula.
29. Onion-Corn Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds. Spread each with caramelized onions. Top with thyme, corn, olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake until golden; garnish with basil.
30. Onion-Bacon Make Onion-Corn Pizzas (No. 29). Add 2 tablespoons diced raw bacon before baking. Top finished pizzas with arugula.
# 31. Onion-Ricotta Pizza
31. Onion-Ricotta Make Onion-Corn Pizzas (No. 29). Mix 2 tablespoons chopped oregano with 1/3 cup ricotta. Dollop over corn before baking.
32. Apple-Cheddar Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds. Brush each with olive oil and season with salt; top with 1 sliced apple, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme and 1 cup shredded cheddar. Bake until golden; top with crumbled bacon and maple syrup.
#33. Bacon-Egg Pizza
33. Bacon-Egg Stretch dough into four 6-inch rounds. Top each with diced raw bacon; bake until crisp. Crack an egg onto each crust and top with olive oil, salt and pepper; bake until the eggs set. Top with baby greens.
34. Radicchio-Prosciutto Stretch dough into four 6-inch rounds. Top with 1/2 sliced red onion, olive oil, salt and pepper, then bake until crisp. Sprinkle with 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto and 1/2 head shredded radicchio; bake 1 more minute.
35. Pepper Lattice Press dough into an oiled 9-by-13-inch pan. Spread with caramelized onions. Arrange sliced roasted red peppers on top in a lattice pattern; sprinkle with olives and bake until crisp. Brush with olive oil.
36. Pissaladiere Make Pepper Lattice Pizza (No. 35) with anchovies in place of peppers.
37. Lamb-Feta Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds; brush each with olive oil. Top each with caramelized onions, 2 ounces cooked ground lamb, 1/4 cup feta and some pine nuts. Bake until golden; top with parsley and mint.
38. Ham-Brie Press dough into an oiled 8-inch square pan. Top with 2 ounces sliced ham, 3 ounces sliced brie and 1/2 thinly sliced green apple. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake until golden.
39. Wild Mushroom Stretch dough into a 15-inch round. Saute 12 ounces wild mushrooms and 3 sliced garlic cloves in olive oil; scatter over dough. Top with 1/2 cup each shredded fontina, Romano and mozzarella; bake until golden.
40. Artichoke Stretch dough into a 15-inch round; brush with olive oil. Top with 1 cup shredded asiago and grilled halved artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with thyme; bake until golden.
41. Hawaiian Stretch dough into a 15-inch round. Top with 1/2 cup each tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella and diced pineapple, 2 ounces sliced ham, and red pepper flakes; bake until golden.
42. Fresh Veggie Stretch dough into a 15-inch round; bake until crisp. Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons chopped basil and 1 minced garlic clove. Spread over crust. Top with chopped mixed fresh vegetables and shredded cheddar. Sprinkle with paprika.
#43. Potato-Rosemary Pizza
43. Potato-Rosemary Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Top with olive oil, fresh rosemary, sea salt and 1 thinly sliced potato. Sprinkle with pecorino and bake until crisp.
#44. Salad Pizza
44. Salad Make Bianco Pizzas (No. 24). Toss arugula with cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper; pile on top of pizzas after baking.
45. Sweet Potato Make Potato-Rosemary Pizza (No. 43) with sweet potato instead of regular and sage instead of rosemary. Top with crumbled gorgonzola and pine nuts 5 minutes before it's done.
46. Salmon-Potato Make Potato-Rosemary Pizza (No. 43) without cheese; bake. Top with smoked salmon, creme fraiche, and chopped chives.
47. Chicago Press 2 pounds dough into an oiled and cornmeal-dusted 10-inch cake pan. Top with 2 cups each shredded mozzarella and tomato sauce, some cooked sausage and Italian seasoning. Bake at 425 degrees, 40 minutes.
48. Grape-Stuffed Stretch dough into two 12-by-7-inch ovals. Place one piece in an oiled pan and top with 1/2 cup halved grapes and 2 tablespoons sugar, then cover with the remaining dough and press to seal. Top with grapes, sugar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Bake at 450 degrees until golden.
49. Raisin-Stuffed Make Grape-Stuffed Pizza (No. 48); warm 1/2 cup raisins in brandy and use in place of the grapes. Top with rosemary instead of fennel.
50. Banana-Chocolate Stretch dough into four 6-inch rounds; brush with butter and bake until golden. Saute 3 sliced bananas in butter with 1 tablespoon sugar; add a splash of rum, then spoon over crusts. Drizzle with chocolate-hazelnut spread.
Author's page : http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-pizza
This recipe is a hearty, zesty main dish with a crisp, golden crust.
Feel free to use whatever toppings you enjoy.
TOTAL TIME : Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
MAKES : 6 servings
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon salt
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
3 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 medium green pepper, diced
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano and basil; spread over each crust. Top with beef mixture, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 2 pizzas (3 servings each).
2 slices: 537 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 922mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Author's page : http://allrecipes.com/recipe/48727/mikes-homemade-pizza/
Mike's Homemade Pizza
A great recipe for homemade pizza dough and sauce. The sauce is especially good. Top with whatever you like.
Prep 1 h 10 m
Cook 20 m
Ready In 1 h 30 m
1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces water
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and shortening. Stir in the yeast mixture. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion until tender. Stir in tomato paste and water. Season with sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, marjoram, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Recipe makes 2 (12 inch) pizzas. Divide dough in half, and spread onto pizza pans. Cover with sauce, and desired toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Author's page : https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4683/pizza-margherita-in-4-easy-steps
Pizza margherita in 4 easy steps
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Makes 2 pizzas, serves 4
For the base
300g strong bread flour
1 tsp instant Yeast (from a sachet or a tub)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
For the tomato sauce
handful fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
1 garlic clove, crushed
For the topping
125g ball mozzarella, sliced
handful grated or shaved parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
handful cherry tomatoes, halved
handful basil leaves (optional)
1 Make the base : Put the flour into a large bowl, then stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well, pour in 200ml warm water and the olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and set aside. You can leave the dough to rise if you like, but it’s not essential for a thin crust.
2 Make the sauce : Mix the passata, basil and crushed garlic together, then season to taste. Leave to stand at room temperature while you get on with shaping the base.
3 Roll out the dough : If you’ve let the dough rise, give it a quick knead, then split into two balls. On a floured surface, roll out the dough into large rounds, about 25cm across, using a rolling pin. The dough needs to be very thin as it will rise in the oven. Lift the rounds onto two floured baking sheets.
4 Top and bake : Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C /gas 8. Put another baking sheet or an upturned baking tray in the oven on the top shelf. Smooth sauce over bases with the back of a spoon. Scatter with cheese and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and season. Put one pizza, still on its baking sheet, on top of the preheated sheet or tray. Bake for 8-10 mins until crisp. Serve with a little more olive oil, and basil leaves if using.
Repeat step for remaining pizza.
Bon Appétit !
 Message Index