SOCIETY - How to improve it for the good of everyone > RELIGIONS

Are religions speaking the truth or ... "their truth" ?

(1/1)

PiJo:

Are religions speaking the truth or ... "their truth" ?

Priest are people whose job is to teach us about what or who is God, how to consider him and how to act rightfully to please him and to have his benediction and protection. I guess.
But, are they doing it the proper way ?

Let's first analyse the most famous prayer of christians, the "Lord's Prayer".
For centuries, christians pray this way repetitively without even questioning it :

- Our Father in heaven,
>> he is nor male nor female but both or none (like energy), everywhere and in everything, in what we can see and in what we cannot see, in what we feel, in our dreams, in every grain of sand, in every grain of dust, in each chemical reaction, ... everywhere.
"Father"is not the proper way to call him, and "Heaven" is a little too "narrow" I think.

- hallowed be your name.
>> which name ? Every religion has his own name (God, Grand Manitou, Allah, ...). We can also call him "powerful creative intelligence" or "Grand Architect of the universe".
Our feelings toward him are a better way to communicate with him than call him by name.

- Your kingdom come,
>> he is already here since billions of years, before the Big Bang and manage everything since, even on Sundays !!

- your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
>> do we really know what he wants ? I don't think. Evolution, expansion and balance may be his ideas about the universe :
everything grows, get stronger ("only the stronger will survive"), get better, get smarter, ... except humans !!

- Give us this day our daily bread,
>> nothing falls from the sky, except rain and meteorits. To eat we must grow our own food and thank him for this. He has nothing to do with the content of our plates, just our work.

- and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
>> start to act rightfully, each of us, and then nothing to forgive to anyone. Proper education will do the trick.

- And lead us not into temptation,
>> stop to build useless gadgets, reform money (for digital), and educate kids to have simple, honest and healthy life.

- but deliver us from evil."
>> evil is only in the brain of evil people, not everyone. Education must be also done in this way.
A child educated properly acts properly. Humanity starts with sane adults educating sane kids.

It is obvious that this religion has forgotten the "inner feeling" we must have when adressing to God.
If we want to communicate with God, we must be, speak, act, think and behave rightfully and with respect for everything he created and most important ... love him for what we are and have today.
Parents see themselves (like in a mirror) when they see their child's behavior.
As the saying says : "dogs don't make cats".

Note from NEEEEEXT :
Intentionally we will not speak about Islam which is a barbaric, hateful and prehistoric religion
where men (by islamic law) can mary and rape a young girl of 8 years old (like Aisha, favorite of Mahomet),
where man has full control over others (wives and children) even the right to kill them if they don't obey him or "offend" Allah,
where muslim (by islamic law) are not free to leave Islam whose punishment is death penalty,
where "Love" is only for Allah (not between humans),
where muslims MUST kill the non-muslims ("infidels") or these "infidels" must convert to Islam to save their lives,
where muslims must invade the planet as it is the only religion allowed by Allah (God),
etc etc ....
Love, peace, compassion, respect, ... are totally absent in Islam.
There is enough topics about Islam on internet, we will not enter in another useless polemic.

To conclude :

" Don't speak to me about your religion;
first show it to me in how you treat other people.

Don't tell me how much you love your God;
show me in how much you love all God's children.

Don't preach to me your passion for your faith;
teach me through your compassion for your neighbors.

In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have  to tell or sell as I am in how you choose to live and give."

Corey Booker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with NEEEEEXT. To register, please click here...
Go to full version